Now that mobile working has become the de facto standard for employees, the cloud is a core infrastructure for your software packages, tools, and bespoke applications. Customers, partners and employees today demand more mobility, user-friendly interfaces and integration with the daily flood of new third-party apps. Features that an on-premises application like Siebel CRM will never be able to offer.
That's why many companies are choosing to migrate from Siebel to a cloud solution, so that their sales staff can look up their customer information in real time whenever they want from wherever they are.
Questions about migration
Migrations don't always run so smoothly, and can require expert assistance to proactively avoid potential pitfalls.
- Is your current infrastructure ready for the migration?
- Are you aware of the impact of the migration on the end users of the new application?
- Have you thought about change management and user adoption?
- What will you do with your current Siebel attachments? Export via EIM? Are other techniques available?
- How do you know what data can be extracted from your Siebel Business Components, and how you can best map them onto your Salesforce objects and fields?
- How can you define the key relationships between the various Business Components, and how do you translate them into Salesforce terms?
- How do you migrate your millions of records without too much downtime?
- Do you have a lot of integrations with other applications?
- Do you want to migrate your integration objects as quickly as possible, or are you thinking about a new integration strategy? How does that translate into Salesforce APIs?
- Salesforce is a cloud application, but how do you integrate it with your legacy on-premises systems?
- What about your ETL tools and reports?
These are just a few of the potential questions that arise in this sort of project.
How can we help you?
If you're considering migrating your Siebel CRM solution to Salesforce, our employees at Realdolmen are well placed to assist with your migration project. In addition to all the benefits of a cloud solution, Salesforce offers three automatic updates per year so you are always working with the latest version. Its "backwards compatibility" ensures that there's no time lost on retesting.
As an official silver consulting partner, we have a team of specialized salesforce ambassadors who have already chalked up dozens of successful migrations from Siebel to Salesforce. With over 20 years' experience in various business sectors, including logistics, manufacturing and field services, we have the right people with the necessary skills to implement a new technology for customer engagement purposes and to provide you with strategic support and even take over management of the technology for you. In addition, our employees' knowledge covers various technologies, meaning that you will always receive objective advice about different options and integration solutions. Last but not least, we take care of training your end users and preparing a well-conceived change management plan.
Thinking about a migration or looking for more information? Contact us.