Companies build up a really complex IT landscape over their lifetime, and conduct business with external parties such as customers and partners. This means that system and business integration are inherent needs. But what is the best way to tackle them? Microsoft BizTalk Server is a widely-used integration solution for automating and tracking information flows and business processes, so that employees can get access to the right data from other systems more rapidly, and so can transact their business with customers and partners more quickly and easily.
Microsoft BizTalk ServerEnterprise Integration with Microsoft
Why Microsoft BizTalk Server?
BizTalk Server is exceptionally well-suited to more complex IT landscapes where heavy integration demands:
- Enterprise Application Integration (EAI): Do you want to link your ERP system to a CRM system? Internally or externally? With BizTalk Server it becomes a whole lot easier, thanks to support for standards (JSON, XML, FlatFile) and an extended collection of adaptors that are provided for all kinds of packages and systems: SAP, Oracle, Siebel, MS SharePoint, IBM DB2, AS400.
- Business Process Management (BPM): thanks to integration, a whole slew of business processes can be simplified, which in turn leads to a shorter time-to-market and therefore cost savings. With transparent IT monitoring thanks to the BizTalk Server, you know from the top what is really happening within your organization and which systems are linked together.
- Business-to-Business integration (B2B): BizTalk Server comes as standard with support for typical integration needs within so-called "industry verticals" such as Healthcare, Transport and Financials, because it supports a range of protocols and report formats like HL7, SWIFT, X12 and EDIFACT.
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB): with BizTalk Server you are adding a versatile platform to your business that you can expand internally to meet your own needs using an Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), thanks to the flexibility and scalability of the .NET framework. Given that BizTalk Service includes full support for WCF (SOAP) and Web API (Rest) it can also be used as a hosting platform for your services within your SOA architecture.
- High Availability and Scalability: thanks to its robust underpinning by Windows and SQL Server Clustering, the BizTalk Server is a platform that provides total support for roll-out in a multi-node architecture, possibly across geographically discrete datacenters, providing support for your business critical processes.
Current Topics around BizTalk Server
Hybrid Cloud Integration with BizTalk Server 2020
Realdolmen knows that integration does not end at your own data center. Many organizations are taking their first steps toward the cloud. But how can you deal safely with the data in your on-premises systems? Here too, BizTalk Server has multiple ways of providing a bridge between on-premises and cloud infrastructures in order to create a robust and secure hybrid cloud architecture. Realdolmen has aligned itself to the Microsoft vision, not proclaiming a cloud-only story, but building up a combination of the best of both worlds.
Have you already started to roll out BizTalk Server in your organization and are ready to start working on a cloud story? Then get in touch with Realdolmen in order to find out about the updated options in BizTalk Server 2020 you can use to build up a hybrid cloud architecture. Realdolmen is the ideal partner to implement your migration issues successfully.
BizTalk Server 2020 - New Features
A short summary of the new features in BizTalk Server 2020:
- Logic Apps Adapter: with this two-way adapter it becomes possible to bridge the gap between your on-premise and cloud integration workloads. As such, you can establish a two-way communication between BizTalk Server and Azure Logic Apps.
- Azure IaaS VM Support: You may already have a development environment running in the Azure Cloud. Now there is also full support in place to run your BizTalk Server production workloads in Azure
- SQL Server 2019 Always-On Availability Groups: With support for Always-On, you have more options available for Backup and Disaster Recovery.
- Platform Alignment: Support for Windows Server 2019, SQL Server 2019 and Visual Studio 2019.
Advanced Monitoring with BizTalk360
As BizTalk360 partner, we recommend the BizTalk360 monitoring solution for complex production BizTalk Server environments. BizTalk360 is an advanced monitoring solution that comes in diferent tiers and has many features that can monitor not only your BizTalk Server environment, but also the systems your are integrating with. Some of the key BizTalk360 features:
- BizTalk Infrastructure Monitoring
- Access BizTalk Admin Console through a web console
- Advanced Security, Governance and Auditing
- Graphical Message Flow
- Monitor connected systems
- View event logs on all connected servers
- Share team knowledge of common issues
- Advanced Business Rules Editor
- Advanced EDI tools: Monitoring and Management
Why Microsoft BizTalk Server with Realdolmen?
Realdolmen has years of extensive experience with integration and middleware solutions. The BizTalk integration specialists of Microsoft Connected Company help not only with the creation and validation of a solid roadmap for a digital future, but also contribute to the implementation and the operational administration of your integration solutions and platforms. They bundle together architectural, methodological and technological expertise in Integration, and combine these with fresh, up-to-date insights in this area.
Realdolmen is a Microsoft Cloud Solution Partner and has dedicated Azure integration staff with proven skills in delivering Azure integration solutions. Realdolmen is a major advocate of the Microsoft Azure cloud with all its different services, options for scalability and proven quality of availability.
Implementing a middleware platform like BizTalk Server is a complex exercise, where the Microsoft Connected Business Integration Architects can willingly help you to reach your goal of unlocking the full potential of the platform.
Once you have decided to go with BizTalk Server as a platform, Realdolmen is the ideal partner for the complete implementation of the platform. We can handle both your infrastructural needs as well as the effective implementation of the business application integrations.
Realdolmen has the capability to manage your BizTalk platform from A to Z.
You are ready to bring BizTalk Server into your organization but need to grow the expertise of your internal staff? We can help you with customized training for both your development and your operational teams.
Are your ambitions larger than your organization can support? Just let us know. We will be happy to sit down with you and design and build new initiatives in your network capacity.